Summer, sun & bathing enjoyment in Kuchl and the Tennengau
Summer puts on its most beautiful face and the sun is high in the sky. What could possibly be more wonderful than spending hours of total relaxation next to a clear, cool lake? Variety, action and refreshment included!
Bürgerausee Recreation Area
In the heart of Kuchl lies a green oasis - Bürgerausee recreation area. Here, the whole family can spend summer days filled with all kinds of variety. The clear water, the soft grass of the sunbathing area and numerous recreational attractions guarantee relaxation and fun for all ages.
The Bürgerausee is open to the general public and free of charge.
- broad sunbathing areas with shade trees, all around the lake
- big playground with swings, climbing equipment, sand box and more.
- gravel area by the water with water play equipment
- diving platform, slackline and rope swing out over the lake
- beach-volleyball court and skate park
- Kneipp area with therapy zone and wellness loungers
- kiosk with drinks, snacks and ice cream
- changing cabins and toilets
Parking at the Bürgerausee
- On the north shore of the lake (to the right after Kuchl railway station), a car park next to the Alpine Association's climbing tower as well as a car park across from the recycling center.
Parking fees charged from 1 May - 30 September
€ 0.70 per commenced half-hour | € 7.00 all-day charge
- On the south shore next to Kuchl middle school (access via market street)
Short-term parking from 1 July to 31 August
from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. | Parking limit: 180 minutes | Please display your parking disc where it is clearly visible.
Kneipp therapy is healthful, refreshing and revives tired legs. The free Kneipp area on the south shore of the Bürgerausee invites you to do something good for your health as you enjoy the glorious natural scenery. Tread through the cold water, and walk up and down the therapy pathway with its different-sized wooden blocks - it will promote your blood circulation, stimulate your cardiovascular system in general, plus it's lots of fun.
And afterwards, stretch out on one of the wellness loungers and absorb all of the amazing nature and tranquility!
Even more bathing enjoyment in Tennengau
Tennengau awaits you with even more fun in and around the water. From crystal-clear mountain streams to magical natural swimming areas, along with action-packed adventure pools as well as spa resorts - and there is guaranteed to be something to appeal to everyone!
Variety-filled summertime bathing experiences can be found here:
- Harrbergsee recreation area in Scheffau
- Adventure pool in Abtenau
- Outdoor pool at Schloss Wiespach, Hallein
- Natural bathing areas on the Lammer and Taugl rivers
Year-round swimming and wellness is offered at 2 spa resorts in the Tennengau region:
- Heiltherme Bad Vigaun
At the Heiltherme, just 10 minutes from Kuchl, you can draw strength from the 34°C waters of the St. Barbara hot springs.
The bright, inviting bathing area and the spacious sauna facilities promise all the relaxation and recuperation you could wish for.
- Aqua Salza
The Aqua Salza is a bathing paradise in Golling (5 minutes from Kuchl), the ideal place for a timeout with your whole family. The family-friendly swimming area with slide and outdoor pool promises all kinds of fun, while in the sauna and beauty department the focus is on pampering programs and invigorating infusions.