The parish was founded in the early 13th century. In 1244, Archbishop Eberhard II of Regensberg assigned the parish to the cathedral chapter, which was entitled from then on (until 1806) to appoint the priest of Kuchl. Several confraternities formed in Kuchl many years ago. In the 15th century, the priest at the time, Primus Panichner, set up a Confraternity of the Immaculate Conception, which became a Confraternity of the Holy Rosary in 1639. In addition, from 1716, there was a "Confraternity of Our Lady of Sorrows", which had its own altar in the church with the image of the suffering Madonna (pietà). Furthermore, the "Confraternity of the Holy Parents Joachim and Anna" and the "Confraternity of Christ's Teaching" were founded in the 18th century.
The triple-nave late Gothic parish church dedicated to St Mary and St Pancras is in a prominent location on the southwestern edge of the town. Its triple nave, which extends into a quire of equal width, was built on the site of two earlier Romanesque buildings. An exit added on the south side between the second and third bay leads to the crypt; the tower on the west side is capped by a Baroque belfry. On the south side of the graveyard wall, there is a chapel of rest.